Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Opinions on the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows

So much hype. So, so much hype on these shadows. Why? I'm not entirely sure. These just didn't impress me all that much. The Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows are suppossed to be bright and pigmented colors, but the colors I got seemed to be a bit of a dud.

I picked up the colors Too Cool and Painted Purple.
Too Cool is a frosty white metallic and Painted Purple is a royal purple. (Once again, my camera captures the color as somewhat blue!)

Color Tattoo at Kelseylovescosmetics

Color Tattoo at Kelseylovescosmetics

Out of the two shadows, I prefer Too Cool. It makes a great base and blends easily without being splotchy, while Painted Purple is the exact opposite. The color applies splotchy and is very hard to blend and work with.

color tattoo at kelseylovescosmetics
Excuse my orange hands (food coloring from baking cupcakes and decorating!)


These retail for about $6.50 each, but you can often find them at BOGO 1/2 off at CVS. I don't particulary find that these are worth the money, but to each their own. Many people love these eyeshadows and say they are comparable to MAC's paint pots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥