Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clinique Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser Review

I have done this before, but let me start this review with my skin's background. My skin is combo. I tend to get oily in my t-zone, but parts can be dry, and others-normal. I do get acne, it is somewhat mild but still something I do not want around. I get a couple blackheads on my forehead and nose, but nothing extreme. I do worry about my acne, though, and it makes me very self concious. Because of this, my boyfriend picked up Clinique's Three Step Acne Solutions System for me to try out. I have all three steps in the travel sizes, and today I'm going to be reviewing the Foaming Cleanser.

Clinque's product claim is...
-What It Is:
A mild, medicated formula that fights acne.

-What it is formulated to do:
This cleansing foam helps clear and prevent acne. It gently removes dirt and excess oil while fighting acne breakouts, leaving skin soft, smooth, and comfortable.



I found that this cleanser absoultly helps with my acne. I havent' been breaking out as bad since I have been using this. I don't even have to use the whole three step system to see results, just this product alone. I do think that it leaves my skin soft and smooth, but after I use it I get a bit of that residue that cleansers can often leave behind. I didn't get that super clean face feeling.

On the back of the cleanser's packaging, in the directions it says to pump the product two to three times for optimal results. Yet another downside to this was I ended up having to use seven to even be able to have enough to clean my whole face. When you pump the cleanser out, it foams nicely, but as you begin to wash your face, the foam disappears. Like it never really was foam in the first place! This was one of the most disappointing things about the product. It will cost you a pretty penny at about $18.50, and a little does not get you a long way. I can find drugstore cleansers that can do just as well of a job for less than half of the price tag.

See? Out of the pump nice and foamy. Looks like this will spread out and last you well.


Now blended in the skin...gone! Like magic.


See what I mean? The foaming power of this is just not there.

If you have the money to spend on this product, please be warned that it is also very drying. I found my skin is peeling a bit around my nose and forehead because it has dried my skin out so much. I even followed with a great moisturizer. This would probably be the ideal product for those who have oily skin. Since I have normal/combo skin, this probably dried me out too much as it is aimed to those with oily skin.

If this seems like it could be the product for you, I recommend you try it. Everyone has different skin types, and this may be the product for you! It just didn't cut it for me in terms of price, drying and residue.



PS Loves! Check out my ebay for Cheap & new cute shoes, nail polish, and other interesting things! Click here to check it out!

14 comments:

  1. This seems like an awesome product but way too pricey if it really does disappear that fast. I do not like- a little does not go a long way especially if it's that much. But- if it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but I don't think Id want to spend that much , I have drugstore ones that work just as well :P

      Delete
  2. Seems to be quite good! Might have to try it! Very good review! :)
    Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clinique has such great skin care products! Definitely have used this before and loved it!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do :D
      Thanks for commenting hun xoxo

      Delete
  4. nice review, i guess its nothing for me then because i have indeed some oily parts but also my cheeks are normal/dry. thank you :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is identical :P Thank you for commenting :D

      Delete
  5. great review!

    -notoriouseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. Thanks for sharing.

    http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have moles,scars and acne and I don't like them,, and I was just wondering if u knew any home remedies to remove them!! THANK U FOR UR TIME!!! natural skincare recipes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know questions about acne have been asked a million times. But I have pretty severe acne, pimples and cysts, and I'm wondering what kind of treatments have worked for everybody else. I'm talking about either home remedies or store bought acne treatments that have worked for you in the past. And don't say apply toothpaste, I've tried with terrible results. Any ideas? exposed skincare treatment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥