Thursday, March 15, 2012

Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color in Kiss, Review

I've lately become a huge lip product junkie, and after hearing great things about Covergirl's Lip Perfection Lip Color, I knew I had to try it out. I decided to try out a shade called Kiss, which is a frosty coppery coral. I picked it up for about $10 at CVS, but you can always find it cheaper at walmart or Target. I'm always loving trying out new things lately to share with you beauties!



Here's how Covergirl describes their Lip Perfection line:
"Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days."
 
This line comes in so many colors, from shades of nudes to corals to pinks and even purple shades! There is a color for every skintone.


As for the color application, it applied evenly over my lips. Absolute Perfection. I found that it seemed to be very drying though, so I'm not sure where they came up with the "Silk moisturizing complex," Just an advertising claim maybe? As soon as I put this on my lips the drying effects kicked in. I feel like if I wore this for seven days, my lips would be even drier than before I started wearing this lipstick. Luckily, this lipstick lasts forever! It lasted a good four hours on my lips, and even stained them afterwards! The color I chose was not my favorite-a bit too frosty-but the longevity of the color was great.


The packaging is also super sleek and cute in a purple-ish metallic tube! Love it!



Overall:
PRODUCT: 8/10
PIGMENTATION: 10/10
TEXTURE: 7/10
APPLICATION: 10/10
LONGEVITY:9.5/10
PACKAGING: 9/10

This is a great product, minus the drying effects. If you can look past that, you have a gorgeous, long lasting lipstick that is well worth checking out!


14 comments:

  1. Amazing lipstick!! love its colour!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a color very similar- I love it but stopped using it just because it was drying.. =-/ but it looks very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I dont like it for the same reason, very drying, but thank you<3

      Delete
  3. I hate hearing that it's drying because I adore the color. I'm such a sucker for peachy or coral lipsticks that I may have to give it a try anyway. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you should! Don't let my opinion make the decision:) Maybe its just my lips but it is a gorgeous shade! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love this blog I'm so following... Every been to Sally's? You should go! Also can you follow my blog www.rockinit-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following back... And I love sallys! Glad you enjoy my blog<3

      Delete
  5. I love the shade. Will check this on ebay. :D

    Now following your blog.

    http://www.missabegaila.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥