Monday, March 12, 2012

Covergirl's Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara Review

Hey loves, today I have a review for you on a drugstore mascara that I picked up on my most recent trip to CVS. It is Covergirls Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara in very black and it cost me about $6.50.

Covergirls claim for this mascara is:
"For big, bold, thick lashes, Super Thick Lash is the one. Its Lash Builder brush separates, defines, and reaches for those little lashes so you get thick, full lashes – so easy, so beautiful!"


Now after looking on Makeupalley and such, I know that a lot of people love this mascara. But I found that it fell short for me. It didn't seem to give my eyelashes that much volume. It did lengthen, but the reason I purchased it was for "Super thick lashes!"

Simple packaging with a regular bristle brush. Its a great size for the bottom eyelashes as well, not huge so that it creates a lot of transfer.

Here it is with one coat. My eyelashes looked more sparse than without mascara.

Two coats. Still not that impressed.

Three coats. Starting to clump and look a little messy.



Note that these pictures are all on uncurled lashes to show you if the mascara gave any curl or not (Which it didn't). This mascara didn't hold much curl for me either while wearing it throughout the day after curling my eyelashes. On a good note, this didn't smudge or flake all day long, even through work. Now I wouldnt say this is the worst mascara I've ever used, but its not the best either. I love Covergirl products, this one just didn't do it for me!


Overall:
PRODUCT: 6.5/10
APPLICATION: 9/10
PIGMENTATION: 8/10
LONGEVITY: 9.5/10
PACKAGING: 7/10
EFFECTIVENESS: 5/10

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review! It definitely seems to be a pretty average mascara. But then again, I never have much luck with Cover Girl mascaras. Even Lash Blast, which everyone seems to love, doesn't do much for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! I am very picky about my mascara lol :)

      Delete
  2. great review, this make your lashes look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog!!
    http://viva-la--jenny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post! Its really helpful, i love the way you rate each quality! :)
    http://strawberry-picnic.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you find it helpful, that means so much.
      Thank you for visiting love!

      Delete
  5. Good review - I have not tried covergirl mascaras before so might just avoid!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not my favorite, I find that L'Oreal makes the best drugstore mascaras!

      Delete
  6. Hey if you want your eyelashes very full, try putting layers on layers of this type of mascara (or any mascara with a plastic molded brush), then go over top it (while still wet) with any mascara that has a bristle/hair-like mascara brush. This helps you separate and lengthen your lashes, then make them volumized and full :) the more layers the better!

    also, great review haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for the great idea hun! I'll have to try that!
      thank you so much xoxoxo

      Delete
  7. you have lovely eyelashes wish mine were as long:)

    great review.

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥