Friday, March 23, 2012

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Skinny Dipping Review & Swatches

I think that orange coral-ish colors make amazing blush colors, and orange has been a color that I've been loving experimenting with lately in different makeup looks. Which is why when I saw Hard Candy's Skinny Dipping blush, I knew I had to have it. I don't have any other blushes like this, it is extremely unique to my collection-and one that I reach for the most often!


General:
Hard Candy describes this product as..
A highly pigmented multi-color powder compact that will surely bring out your inner foxy lady. Each box contains coordinated shades that blend together perfectly and a custom Hard Candy applicator brush. Sweep across chin, cheeks, and forehead and unleash the foxiness in you!

This series of blushes have two duos and three quads. The duos are Skinny Dipping and Truth or Dare and the quads are Spicy and Sweet, Smoothtalker, and Hot Flash. They sell exclusively at Walmart for $6.00.


Packaging:
The packaging on these blushes is very cute. They come boxed with a magnetic lid. Very similar to Benefit's boxed blushes, but the packaging on those is much higher quality. The Hard Candy version also lacks a mirror which the Benefit one includes, but that is irrelevant to me. The Fox in a Box blush comes with a cute but extremely useless brush.. I find it somewhat wasteful to include somethat that doesn't even end up going to good use. It is very thin and low quality.

Overall I love the packaging of these. It strays from your normal compact blush into something different for a drugstore product, which I love. I'm always on the lookout for products that catch my attention, and this one sure did.


Pigmentation:
Here I have swatched the colors in the box. First the left, then right, then mixed together. The left side is a rosy bronze color which is quite gorgeous if you decide to use it alone and the right side is the bright orange coral color I mentioned earlier. Together, they make a beautiful pinky orange color. As you can see, they are quite pigmented for such an affordable product. I've seen many people say these aren't pigmented, but I think different. These also have noticable shimmer, but when applied on the skin they make you look nice and glowy.


Application and Results:
Here it is applied to my skin. I love the way it look and find it very complimentary, maybe even more if I had a bit of a tan but unfortunatly I don't :P As I said, I love the glow this duo gives my skin. Not too shimmery, but not matte either. I did find that picking these up on my brush was quite easy. They are soft enough for easy application and not chalky at all.


Overall:
PRODUCT: 9/10
PIGMENTATION: 8.5/10
TEXTURE: 8.5/10
LONGEVITY:8/10
PACKAGING: 9/10



PS. Check out my ebay! I currently have some brand new white gold colored wedge sandals with leopard bows and pink&orange zebra flip flops along with a cheap *NEW* essie polish in the shade clambake.. I am often listing new items (mainly nailpolish and cosmetic items) so check it out if you are interested! Click here to check out my ebay.

13 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful, it absolutely compliments your skin tone. Really love the glowy look!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you think so love! xoxo

      Delete
  2. what a cute box O_O and lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it?! Lol and ive been using it like everyday now -_-

      Delete
  3. hey hon! i have nominated you for an award :)
    http://allthingsbeauty214.blogspot.com/2012/03/check-me-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that color. I am picking up this up for sure. Lately i've been really digging oranges as well!:) I think its Spring. Haha. I agree on the brushes though, I dont even like Benefits brush that comes in the boxed blushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its great for so cheap! And I agree, lol, spring fever :D Thank you so much for commenting dollxoxoxo

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! I think it's great that you swatch the product and how you then rated it. It's really helpful!

    I'd love to follow you - check out my blog and follow me too!

    ~Alex
    Nofearofperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥