Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hard Candy Glossaholic Lip Gloss In Chill Out

I am in absolute love with this lip gloss. I picked it up at Walmart today for only about $6.00 and it is amazing. It's by Hard Candy, a makeup brand exclusive to Walmart, and it is a beautiful flakie lip gloss. Now im sure we've all heard of the flakie nail polishes-a clear base with different colored flakes suspended in it-but never of a flakie lip gloss! I picked up the one called "Chill Out." Which is supossed to also be mood altering with calming effects. There is also one called "Rise and Shine" which is supossed to wake you up!

I love the color of this lip gloss, as I said, it is a clear base and the flakies are blue and orange. You can not feel the glitter once the gloss is applied to the lips which is a huge plus as well. This lip gloss also smells great. It smells like vanilla, but not overpowering for those who are sensitive to smells.




As you can see, the applicator on this baby is huge! This lip gloss claims to saturate your lips in one coat, and the applicator makes this possible! It is about 2 to 3 times the size of your normal lip gloss applicator.

And Here it is on my lips..


The prism/flakie glitters in this lip gloss definitely give a plumping effect. The lip gloss itself is not actually plumping such as some others, but the glitter is very dimensional and makes the lips appear much larger! The flakies are not overpowering in the gloss and this looks beautiful alone or over lipstick! It is versatile for day or night wear and I find this gloss hardly sticky ♥

Overall:
PRODUCT: 8/10
PIGMENTATION: Clear gloss
TEXTURE: 8/10
LONGEVITY:6/10
PACKAGING: 9/10

17 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love Hard Candy, it has never disappointed me, I think I am going to def check out this gloss soon. Great review.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! They have great products.
      Thanks so much love
      xoxo
      Kelsey

      Delete
  2. Great gloss I need to try this.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my favorites, you must :)

      Delete
  3. Just gave you an award.Check out our blog :)
    P.S. Great post :)

    http://leilaandvanya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. You have been tagged.
    Here is the link. http://beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-o-mania.html



    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gloss looks nice. I used to wear them all the time- this made me want to go buy one! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great review! Makes me want to purchase it as well! Love your blog too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! glad you like it! I will check yours out as well :D
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Want to try this one...I bought the coffee when I should have bought the vanilla. The coffee is absolutely disgusting! I love coffee, but I can't even use this gloss; the smell and flavor actually makes me sick. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥