Thursday, March 1, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Diamond Lust Eyeshadows

Hey loves I'm here with another post today! A lot of you really liked the silver eyeshadow I used the other day in my "Silver and Sparkles" look (You can see that post here. So I decided to do a review on it, along with the other Revlon Diamond Lust Eyeshadow that I own!

These are relatively new products and you can find them at drugstores and stores such as Target and Walmart. They retail for about $5.00, and you can often find Revlon buy one get one half off at major drugstores! So you could possibly pick up two for $7.50!

These come in five shades:
Plum Galaxy-A deep plum with purple, pink, and silver glitter.
Starry Pink-A baby pink with silver and pink glitter.
Neptune Star-A navy blue with blue and green glitter.
Celestial Silver-A silver with holographic glitter.
Night Sky-A deep gray/black with holographic glitter.

Unfortuantly, as you can see, these have a lot of fall out. They are very gritty due to the amount of glitter they contain and are not that pigmented. I find that you can make these work with a good base though, such as the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Celestial Silver works wonders over NYX JEP in Pots N Pans! With a little work, these eyeshadows can be great.

Overall:
PRODUCT: 6.5/10
PIGMENTATION: 6/10
TEXTURE: 3/10
LONGEVITY:8/10
PACKAGING: 8/10


*Hooray for my new signature!*

20 comments:

  1. Great review hun. I have never really had any luck with Revlon eyeshadows.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love, yeah, Ive never been all that impressed but i find ways to make them work, lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Amazing eyeshadow review. :) Sorry to hear you dealt with fall out though. They'd be very gorgeous colors too. I especially like how the plum one looks. I totally agree that you can make these work with a good base. I'm sure they'd look fabulous with a good base too. :)

    Thank you so much for following and commenting on my blog. Glad to hear you like the Burberry perfume too. I looove the scent. :)

    Following your blog now too. Looking forward to be back again soon. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love for such a kind comment, so happy that you liked my review and we both love Burberry!
      Lol, I'll be keeping up with your blog, I love it!
      Hope to hear from you soon :)

      Delete
  3. I have all this shades and I find you get no fall out if you use a glitter glue primer because of the glitter they have maybe that can help you.
    Good review.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Thank you love, ill have to try that.
      xoxo
      Kelsey

      Delete
  4. yay! awesome colors! Love eyeshadows <3
    Come by and let's follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I love them too!!
      Followed you!

      Delete
  5. Love the shades! I'm still kinda new at this and haven't had anytime to update my blogs, but check it out and if you like we can follow each other.

    http://princessanalia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you. Thanks!

    Callmesnakke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen these at my local drugstores and haven't bought them because I'm afraid of disappointment...idk why. They never convinced me- but as you said- a good base can probably make them work. =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, me too but I love glitter so I just had to try them, regardless of if they worked or not! lol :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love, glad you like it :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥