Monday, April 23, 2012

L'Oreal's Fairest Nude, The Perfect Nude Lipstick!

I know that many people have trouble finding the perfect nude lipstick that doesn't make you look dead, wash you out, or attract attention to all of the imperfections on your lips. I know I had this trouble for the longest time before discovering L'Oreal's Color Riche Lipstick in the Shade Fairest Nude! You can purchase this for about $8-10 dollars depending on where you find it, and its a great lipstick for such an affordable price!

As you can see, this is more of a pinky nude rather than just a nude. A pinky nude is preferrable when it comes to nude lipsticks though because since they don't match your skin tone identically, they tend to not make you look dead and corpse like. The photo shows it of a brownish / nude, but it is definitely more pink than a brown toned nude color. It actually reminds me of a "My lips but better" shade.

The pigmentation on this lipstick is amazing. It provides great coverage on the lips and is far from sheer. The formula is very smooth. I have a lot of problems with lipstick drying out my lips, even ones that promise to moisturize and replenish the lips. The L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick didn't promise any moisturization, which made me hesitant to purchase it. After using it though, my lips weren't dried out and flaky. They weren't super moisturized such as with the Revlon Lip Butters, but they felt nice and smooth. I didn't have to go running for lip balm.

This did have a slight smell, nothing like lipstick usually smells. Its a unique scent, but doesn't bother me. (Just a side note for those of you who are very sensitive to smells)

The packaging does look quite elegant on this lipstick, but I find that it's very unappealing. I guess it looks somewhat high end, but it reminds me of a lipstick an old lady would pull out of her purse or something to that effect.

Here it is on my lips in warm lighting. I love how natural and gorgeous it is. Overall, I was very impressed by this lipstick-a definite repurchase of mine! I have found myself reaching for this almost daily now- a huge feat for me who can never stick to one product repeatedly!

31 comments:

  1. Oh that is so pretty! Love love love how it looks on you!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I'm going to have to give this is a try. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look very pretty. It does also look very wearbale

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great on you! I love the color.

    I want to tell you too, that I awarded you with the Kreativ Blog Award: http://channelhmc.blogspot.com/2012/04/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty color!

    heatherhoneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty.. Looks good on you.. Been searching for a nude lipstick since forever (still am)...

    I don't think this lippie is available at where I am just yet.. It's gorgeous tho =)

    XO
    http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! I just tried one at MAC that was good. Maybe I'll get this one first since it's a bit cheaper. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I've never tried a mac lipstick but I recommend this one

      Delete
  9. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Me too one of my favorites :D Thank you doll :)

      Delete
  11. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You`re right perfect nude:)
    btw you`re my follower and I`m yours, so you must know that I changed my blog address on http://vega-fashion.blogspot.com and updates may not show up ;/
    Enter my new address if you want :)
    xoxo Vega from vega-fashion (old vegaa90)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear,

    I just awarded you The Versatile Blogger award

    Check my post at http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    XO
    http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want this!!!! Such a gorgeous colour...and your piercing looks so cool! Did it hurt?

    Check out my blog and follow if you like :) I'm following you too

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! And thank you so much! It did hurt when they actually pierced it and was sore for a bit after, but within two weeks it was fine and I couldnt feel it anymore! Following you back :)

      Delete
  16. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥