Monday, April 16, 2012

Milani Baked Eyeshadow in Fusion Review, Swatches and Photos!

I was at CVS today looking at the 75% off Easter clearance and obviously had to take a trip to the cosmetics aisle. Naturally, I had to pick something up. Milani is currently buy one get one half off at CVS, So I grabbed the Milani Baked Eyeshadow in Fusion and the Liquify Eye liner in Aqua-which will be a seperate review. I love Milani products, and their new line has been really eye catching. These are my first two products from all of the new ones.

The Milani Baked Eyeshadows are absolutly stunning. They are swirls of different colors all baked into one shadow. Fusion is made up of swirls of gold, copper and a light purple shade. It is easily the most gorgeous shadow of all the Milani Baked Eyeshadows.





The packaging on these eyeshadows is really gorgeous and simple. I love how sleek and shiny it is. The only thing I dislike about these is the brush they include inside. It is impossible to use- scratchy and messy. Its a huge waste. I would rather them include more shadow and just ditch the brush. I think 99.9% of us never even touch it anyways. LOL.




From the swatches and how it looks on the eye, you can see that all of the colors go together into a beautiful bronzey/brown shade. Thats what I find quite upsetting about baked eyeshadows or marbled eyeshadows. The colors usually just fuze into one simple color and the others become undetectable. Its a bit of a bummer when the lilac color I was looking foward to just disappeared.

The texture of this shadow is great. It is smooth and applies easily. I have heard people say that these shadows are very similar in terms of texture and application to MAC's Mineralize eyeshadows. Sometimes, with baked shadows I find that they can be very sheer and not pigmented, but this one took me by surprise. It was easy to work with and blended well. Fallout is also extremely minimal, which is a huge plus for a shadow with some shimmer to it. Overall I'm really loving this shade and I plan on purchasing more- be on the lookout!

22 comments:

  1. love anything gold, this is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty I like the xolor gold and great deal on the Milani stuff.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love buy one get one deals lol

      Delete
  3. Very pretty!

    heatherhoneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kid you now Kelsey...I've never tried baked eyeshadow! I always see it on sale but haven't bought it but after your post today, I am going to have to check ti out. It's quite highly pigmented which I had the tendency to think it was more sheer. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? You have to! Lol its amazing I think you'll love it!

      Delete
  5. lovely eyeshadow <3 i follow back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a gorgeous eyeshadow colour! Love love love it! It reminds me of summer, that sort of glowy gold. Pretty!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! Im loving everything summery right now :)

      Delete
  7. sorry the purple disappeared but it still is a really pretty shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really disappointing since its my favorite color lol!

      Delete
  8. Hey Kelsey, I found your blog via "All the Little Things" blog. I recently started purchasing Milani products and I ♥ them all. Thanks for sharing this post ;)

    xo-Chelise
    http://empirestatebeautyqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Yes, theyre great quality for being so affordable.

      Delete
  9. I love this colour!
    I'm your follower, i'm waiting for you in my blog.
    www.lauramakeupreview.com
    ciaooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to follow you back :)

      Delete
  10. even if the purple ended up blending away I still think this is super pretty. Will be going on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! You should definitely try, especially when theyre BOGO 1/2 off. Such a good deal!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥