Sunday, April 29, 2012

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser

Hey loves sorry I haven't been posting much at all lately. Again, I've been super busy. My works schedule is getting crazy, and I've been feeling super tired. My skins been feeling it too and I have been breaking out non stop. The other week when I stopped by Walmart to pick up a few things, I decided to try a new facial cleanser to help with these breakouts. The one that appealed to me the most was the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser. The bottle comes with six ounces of product and retails for about seven dollars.


So, what did I think of it? Well, I really enjoyed how it left my skin feeling. It didn't leave my skin feeling overly tight like a lot of cleansers seem to do, and left it with a nice, cool sensation. My skin felt so fresh and awake after using this cleanser, I contribute it to the fact that it contains aloe and chamomile!

The texture of it is not really that creamy. It is more like a thin lotion. When I Imagine a cream cleanser, I think of a thick cream, but this as I said is like a smooth lotion. I prefer the thicker creams because I feel like they tend to lather more, but this texture was not terrible. I enjoy how it seems to glide over my skin and left it feeling soft without drying it out like a lot of acne products tend to do to my skin. Just to be sure though, if you try out this product, always follow with a moisturizer!

This product also claims to reduce redness, and I would agree with that. If you want this product to reduce redness in your face such as the cheek area, it won't. It is made to reduce redness in breakouts and areas of acne, along with inflammation and size. It does both of these things quite effectively, and I noticed results after the very first use.

My only disappointment with this product is that it doesn't lather. At all. The directions say to rub the product between your hands and add water to achieve a lather. I tried this, yet nothing. I like my face washes to have some lather because I feel like they leave your face a bit cleaner and are able to remove more dirt and makeup than cleansers that do not lather. It also has a different smell to it, not terrible but again, I know a lot of people are very sensitive to smell!

Overall, I would repurchase and recommend you to try it out if you have acne!

15 comments:

  1. i love neutrogena products, but i like foaming or lather as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do too, and I feel like it makes my face cleaner? haha not sure!

      Delete
  2. this is a nice review! first time to come upon your blog and all i can say is it IS cool :D
    followed ya!

    katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used this before but it didn't seem to work for me, I seem to have really sensitive skin though!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually use the pink grapefruit but I might try this as well. Thanks for the review.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pink grapefruit one, I have it in the body wash as well. I actually enjoyed that one more, but you should still try this out! It might work better for you :D

      Delete
  5. I always see this one around, and the other cleanser looks so nice! I don't think i'll give it a go though, my redness isn't really caused by acne. Great review though! I love the honesty. And I feel you on the work scheuedule! Mine's getting crazy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty decent but I just hate that it doesn't really lather well! Thank you for the compliment and I know! I feel like I have no time anymore :((

      Delete
  6. I just started following your blog & i adore it!
    This year i am trying to make my dreams come true.

    follow back please?! :)
    thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Would love to follow you back :)

      Delete
  7. oh i have ignored this or it is not available in stores near me but i will look for it! <3 thanks for introducing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥