Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nivea A Kiss of Shine Natural Glossy Lipcare Review, Photos and Swatches

Lately I've really been loving lip products, so when I found Nivea's A Kiss of Shine at the Dollar Tree, I knew I had to try this one out, there was nothing to lose! I've also been one of Niveas long time fans. Their lip balms are amazing, so smooth and moisturizing. I can't get enough of them! You can imagine how excited I was to be able to try out their line of lip gloss for only a mere dollar. Matter of fact, I picked up two because a girl can never have enough back ups that she will probably never get around to using, right? ;D

What Nivea claims of this product...
-Brilliant clear glossy shine
-No sticky residue
-Long-lasting moisturization


Packaging: The packaging for this lip gloss is pretty standard when it comes to look. It comes carded, nothing that really catches my eye besides the fact that it is Nivea. The strong point when it comes to how the product is packaged is that they included their claims on there such as "no sticky residue." I can't stand sticky glosses and this is something I keep an eye out for. What I do really love about the packaging though is the squeezy tube with the slanted tip. I prefer this to the standard gloss and wand packaging. Some people may argue that a squeezy tube is a more messy way of application, but I find it so much more convenient.



Color: This gloss is a light nude shade. (Please note it appears to be a yellow tint in the images but it is not.) Yet, it is not pigmented at all and on the lips it is just a clear, shiny gloss. No sparkles, shimmer, or any of that jazz. I believe this also comes in a pink shade as well if that interests you!

Application: My favorite thing about this lip gloss is that it stays true to what it claims. It claims to be non sticky, and it is! One of the few glosses I have that actually isn't sticky! It applies smoothly onto the lips. I also find this gloss very moisturizing. It lives up the Nivea name for sure, keeping my lips from chapping. Now it's not ChapStik for sure, but it does prevent and protect from the weather and cracked lips.




Longevity: I was very impressed with how long this gloss lasted on the lips. Lip glosses tend to not last very long (Thats why we have lipstick!), but this one was a bit different. Now I won't tell you it lasted hours on hours, because it didn't. But It lasted about two to three hours, which in my book is fantastic. I hate reapplying lip gloss every two seconds and Nivea ensures that now I don't have to.

Overall I'm loving this product from Nivea. Its of great quality for a super affordable price. As I said, I got mine at the dollar store, but if you can't find yours there, it typically retails for about $5.00 which is still a steal! I recommend you try this out for yourself. Especially if your very picky like me when it comes to lip gloss!


20 comments:

  1. Great review. Nivea is one of my favorite brands for sure... Their products are simple but great.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Another reason why I love it lol :)

      Delete
  2. Great Review. I gave you an award, check it out here

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce review :)
    http://makeupandbeautytips-home.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review, sounds like an awesome product! I love Nivea products, so I know this will be great as well;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I do too, thats why I thought I had to try this one :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review. I'm gonna have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo fine www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Nivea products.
    Great review.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear it's non-sticky, something that I try to look for in my lip glosses. Very pretty sheen, looks lovely and hydrating on your lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! Thats exactly what I look for in mine too, lol.
      I appreciate your comment xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. Hey, I love your blog!
    I start my blog so if you could throw a look that would be great thank you very much and maybe me follow, your photos are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥