Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NYC Blushable Creme Stick Blushes Review and Swatches

If there is one product I purchase way to much of, it's blush. Especially when I find it for a great deal. Recently I've been loving these NYC Blushable Creme Stick Blushes. I picked up two of these a few days ago in addition to the one I already owned and I'm so happy with all of the colors! They are so beautiful and easy to work with!




Packaging:The packaging on these is so simple but I love that its something different as opposed to a powder or cream blush in a pan. They twist up and you get about two inches of products which is a great deal of product. I feel like the way they packaged this provides more product that the typical cream blush that comes packaged in a pan or compact. They do have a bit of a cheap feel to them and the label tends to wear off quickly, but to me it's the product quality that really matters!

Pigmentation: The pigmentation on these blushes is fantastic. They have a ton of pigmentation in just one swipe. I know cream blushes typically do tend to have a lot of pigmentation, yet once you blend them out they seem to almost disappear. With these, the pigmentation doesn't disappear or blend away.

Swatches!

Colors swatched, in order, Plaza Pink, Berry New Yorker, Urban Spice.


Colors: I've seen these Creme Blush sticks in about four colors for the regular line, possibly five. They have come out with about four limited edition colors as well. The colors I own are Plaza Pink, Berry New Yorker, and Urban Spice (All from the regular line). Plaza Pink is the most gorgeous frosty baby doll pink with a bit of shimmer, my favorite. Berry New Yorker is a matte mauve or pinky brown color and Urban Spice is a shimmering bronze color that would be great for contouring or for a bronze glow on the cheeks. Each color packs a great dose of pigmentation and they all give such a gorgeous healthy glow.

Application: To apply these, I just sweep them across my cheeks and blend using either my fingers or a dense brush. I have seen many people on Youtube and such put these on their fingers first, and then blend. I tried this method but found it doesn't give you as much pigmentation and really sheers out the color. If that is ideal for you, then I'd definitely try these blushes out as well as those of you who love pigmented blushes.

Overall, if you're a fan of blush like I am, I think these would make a great addition to any collection! They are gorgeous colors that would compliment any skin tone, not to mention, the price is definitely right! (3.99 each!) You can find these at your local CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart.



26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol they are cute and work great :D
      Thank u for commenting love !

      Delete
  2. For the price I'm totally going to go to Walgreen's and get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutly! Definitely get plaza pink its a must have :)

      Delete
  3. They look so creamy and (I hate to rhyme but...) dreamy!
    Really lovely, love that first peachy shade!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Thats my favorite shade too! Its soo gorgeous and very pigmented!

      Delete
  4. oooh cant wait to try these! Check out my latest bloggy post i gave your blog an award ;) http://pinkylorren.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them out!! :D And thank you so much I appreciate it love !

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've ever tried a stick blush before! I've used stains and powders but never a stick so I think I will definitely have to pick one of these up to try!

    boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a cream texture but in a stick form.. very unique :D Hope you try them, I think you'd enjoy :)

      Delete
  6. The colors are nice in the swatches. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look way better in the swatches huh? Lol thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It is! Its shimmery too so its nice as a highlight:)

      Delete
  8. Love the colors, very nice and pretty:)
    Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm a new reader to blog and I must say that I love it! I'm going to follow right after I post this comment. :)

    Would you mind reading my blog? I'm a new beauty blogger and would love some advice on my blog. :)

    Love,
    Miss Sparkle!

    silversparklebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! id really enjoy reading your blog as well, Im off to go check it out!

      Delete
  10. ohmygosh, i have one too and i absolutely loved it! thank you for this post, it reminded me to go and use my creme stick blush again. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love my one of these in big apple blush. Its super pretty I must try more colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that one! I want to try it out, will probably pick it up soon :P

      Delete
  12. berry new yorker would be my choice. i should stay away from the usa or id be broke XD they look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found these at the dollar tree and am.very excited to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥