Sunday, April 8, 2012

Smashbox Photo Op Shadow Trio in Aperture Review, Swatches and Photos

If you read my blog regularly, you'll probably remember that I won a ton of Smashbox goodies from the ladies at Beauty Crazed. I haven't had a chance to review any of them, but finally I've had time to do a review on the Photo Op Shadow Trio in Aperture. These shadows are some of the best quality I have ever used. They are soft, pigmented, and all around beautiful.




The shades included are Alabaster, Sky, and Truffle. Alabaster is a beautiful matte cream/beige color. Sky is a light, baby blue, and Truffle is medium matte brown/taupe. All are equally gorgeous and consistent in terms of pigmentation and texture. (Swatched in order mentioned)






At first, I didn't think I would be able to put the matte baby blue shade to use, but I found that baby blue is actually an easy eyeshadow shade to wear. I added a bit above the crease and the inner corner. It wasn't too much, but gave the look a nice pop. It made it much different than just your typically neutral look. I found that the baby blue was good for girls like me who find it hard to incorporate color into their looks. This is kind of an introductary way to do so, simple and with a light color.

I applied these over a cheapie primer (ELF eyelid primer in Sheer) and even over a not-so-good primer, I found that they lasted all day without creasing or fading. The colors stayed vibrant and didn't all mud together into one. I find that even some of my other pricey shadows can tend to do that if I don't use my trusted UDPP. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the staying power of these.

On the best note of all about these-there is NO fall out what-so-ever! They have tons and tons of pigmentation, but no fallout in the least. Some shadows with a ton of pigmentation can also be a little difficult to blend, but these blend like a dream. These are easily one of the simplest shadows to work with. If you have trouble working with matte shadows sometimes, this one will change your mind! I find that mattes tend to be chalky or messy, but these were soft as any satin or perle shadow. I was so surprised at the quality of these.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this eyeshadow trio. Although I recieved it for free as a contest winning, I'm positive I'll invest in another. Although these are quite expensive at $28.00 a trio, they are something to look into and possibly invest in. You will get a lot of use out of these!


19 comments:

  1. really nice colors, though i think that the dark one is a little less pigmented than the other ones?

    btw you have really pretty lashes! (and a lot of them!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it does look like that in the photo! It actually applies really pigmented though :)
      and thank you so much!! that means a lot because ive always hated my eyelashes <3
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Such a cute palette. I haven't tried too many Smashbox eyeshadows.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're amazing and great quality :)

      Delete
  3. These colors are so pretty! Love the way you applied them. Following back now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! So glad to have you following xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. I like the colors in this palette. Following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to have you following back :D

      Delete
  5. Love the palette. Very pretty colors. EOTD is very pretty. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashbox is one of my favorite brands, but I don't have this trio. Very pretty! I love how you used the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become one of mine too! This is great trio you should try it out<2
      thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  7. lovely palette!:)

    Hi dear! Please join my blog giveaway if you haven't yet!

    LBD and Onesies x Firmoo.com Summer Giveaway! (Open Internationally)

    -Mish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors. I can tell that you are good in applying eye shadows. It's a different thing for me since my eyes is small (asian).

    online makeup

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥