Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April Empties!

Another month over!! This month wasn't the best month I've had with finishing products. I only managed to finish up three :( I do have quite a few products that are close to being done accumulating though, so I will have more to show for next month. Lately, I've been making myself focus on certain products in order to finish them up so I can move onto a new one. It's not a Project Ten Pan (I've tried and failed) But its just something I'm doing to get rid of products I don't love or products I have had for a long time and haven't used. It has been going surprisingly well, and those products are beginning to run out and hit pan! Its such a great feeling to finish up something lol.

During the month of April, the products I finished were: Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara in blackest black, L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation, and Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation.


Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara: I really enjoyed this mascara while it lasted! I had tried both this and the regular Falsies mascara and found this one to be ten times better! The original was super wet and clumpy, but this one I found that I could use it more subtly or build it for great volume and length. I went through it fairly quickly because it had become my everyday mascara for a while!

L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation: This foundation and I had a love hate relationship. I purchased it, tried it and fell in love. But after using it for a while, I decided, its a terrible foundation. It has no coverage and doesn't last throughout my day like most foundations do, even with primer. I can say the texture is amazing, like a whipped mousse. It is velvety soft. If they could find a way to reformulate this product so it has better coverage, I'd be in love. I adore mousse type products such as this one. I also found that this accentuated any dry skin I had and I tended to get more oily half way through the day.

Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Foundation: Now I'm young enough that I don't really need an "ageless" foundation, but I had heard tons of great things about this product and really needed to try it out for myself. It quickly became one of my favorite foundations ( Next to Revlon's Colorstay). I loved that this product evened out my skin tone so effortlessly and covered and redness I had on my face with only a small amount. It also found that it lasted through my busy day and didn't start to patch on me like L'Oreals Souffle foundation did. I will probably repurchase this product because it was so great. Its a little pricey for a drugstore product at $13, but if you have redness then its worth the money!

So there you have it! My April empties. As I said, next month I should have a lot more products emptied out and finished! As always, please comment and let me know your thoughts, comments or questions :) Thank you for reading xoxo

18 comments:

  1. I just love reasonably priced makeup :))


    Miss Katie K

    http://katie495.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these types of posts! I just posted my empties yesterday :) I will have to try that Simply Ageless foundation. I definitely have redness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! They're my favorite type of posts, lol. And you should, it worked great for me :)

      Delete
  3. I find I have the same problem with those mousse like foundations, they really accentuate any dryness you have on your face! Not good! That's what I'm trying to cover! haha!
    Otherwise wouldn't mind checking out those other items, they sound good :)
    xx
    sweetaholic-beauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Exactly! The loreal one was especially bad, in comparison to Maybellines dream matte mousse.
      All the other items were great :) You should check them out!

      Delete
  4. I seriously love that mascara, I use it everyday! It really does make lashes longer and thicker!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?!! So much better than the original Falsies!

      Delete
  5. i like your blog!!!
    have a great day !! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try the cover girl and olay products! they have pretty blushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! I tried one but they're a bit dark for my liking:(

      Delete
  7. i love your blog because you actually post lots of drugstore-type makeup!! i mean im sure most girls have some high-end makeup but lets face it, we cant all go out and buy mac and dior makeup all the time. lets get real! love your blog though girl, followed you back xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will have to try Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
    XOXO,KT

    TheSouthernBeautyNerd

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara too!of course we follow you!kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥