Monday, May 14, 2012

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter Review!

Hi everyone! I know that I've been gone for a while but I'm finally back. As I had mentioned before, i've been super busy with work and such. Its really hard to split my time between work, seeing my boyfriend, and finding time to post. I really missed blogging though, so I'm back today with a product I recently picked up at the body shop.

I actually have never owned anything from the Body Shop until last week when I purchased this. It is called the Chocomania body butter. I purchased it as part of a kit containing the Chocomania soap, body scrub, lip butter, body butter, and loofah. I only payed $25 for the whole kit which was a $32 dollar value! I love sweet scents and I am obsessed with chocolate scents so I knew I had to pick this up the second I saw it!


What the Body Shop says of this product:
This decadently chocolatey Body Butter gives extra long-lasting hydration. It contains 13 Community Fair Trade ingredients – the most we’ve ever put into one product. It leaves skin sweetly scented, and feeling softer and smoother.

-Provides 48-hour hydration
-Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
-Buttery texture
-Quickly absorbed
-Indulgent chocolate scent


The packaging is absolutely adorable on this product. It only contains 1.69 ounces (It's a travel size), which isn't a whole lot, but I don't plan on using this product every day. Its not really a warm weather scent for me, I prefer coconut and citrusy smells during spring and summer. I think this will be perfect for night time though and once fall comes around I will be wearing this non stop!


The texture is gorgeous, it is so smooth and rich, the exact texture of butter. I applied this on my skin and it felt instantly hydrated, even the driest of skin will love this product. This also doesn't leave an oily or greasy residue like many body butters or rich moisturizers tend to do. It is instantly absorbed into your skin to leave it extremely soft and full of moisture.

When I first opened this body butter and smelled it, I got a strong whiff of plastic mixed with chocolate. It was very disappointing, but I decided to try it on my body as well to see if the scent changed. About 10 seconds after applying it, the scent was amazing. It smells like the most rich, luxurious dark chocolate. I honestly could eat this stuff! I think maybe the plastic container gave it that plastic-like smell that was very off putting. The scent will last an hour at the most which is a little bit disappointing considering these products are not exactly cheap, but I'm not sure I'd want to smell like chocolate all day anyways. It's just a super fun scent for when you apply it ;)

Overall I am very happy with my first purchase from the Body Shop. All of the products I purchased were of very high quality and did exactly as they promised to do. I will definitely be shopping there more in the future, so look foward to more reviews on this company and their products!

28 comments:

  1. hmm yumm!! I want to try this out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i saw in your wishlist you want the Garnier BB cream, i got a review here!
    http://onesecondtoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/bb-creamis-as-good-as-they-say.html

    i thought it was interesting:)

    xx INES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the body shop product especially their shea body butter. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I would love this product. I think I need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for review! I like The Body Shop and I adore chocolate scent))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the body shop! I like their hemp hand cream!
    XOXO,KT
    Giveaway-TheSouthernBeautyNerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look yumiiiii soon to Body Shop. ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i would like to smell like a chocolate bar for the entire day ^_^ great product it seems, congrats and thanks for sharing

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear! Nice blog! I'm your new follower, I'll be really happy if you follow me back on Gfc and Bloglovin':) Kisses from Italy, Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds delicious. haha i love chocolate scents

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it! I have a strawberry one and smells really nice...hard not to eat it!

    xoxo

    Aida
    Le Cahier Mode (By the way: Dior GIVEAWAY for my birthday!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great review! This product looks awesome. I love the body shop products, especially the strawberry body wash. It is to die for :)

    xx Jess

    http://bittersweetsymphonyyy.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I want to try this one now!
    Great review:)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, it sounds delicious

    you have one more follower now;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the body shop's products !!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Review.
    I love products from the Body Shop! :)

    -Julia
    http://flowerpowermode.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute blog :)

    I've followed you, can you please check out http://flourishblogs.blogspot.co.uk/ I've just opened it and need an audience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. schöner blog, lust auf gegenseitiges verfolgen? Amelie<3

    ReplyDelete
  19. you have really nice blog ! you know ?
    wanna follow my fashion blog ?
    http://fashionistasdreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing will give it a go - check out my new look giveaway on my blog its a goodun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loooove the body shop!!

    Visit my blog: http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  22. great post!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the Body shop body butters, there so thick and creamy and great for dry skin :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great review and blog! Following!
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi!Love this post! Just found your blog today and i love it! It would be amazing if you could check out my baby blog and follow if you like it! Kisses

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice ^^
    Und schöner Blog
    würde mich freuen wen du mal bei mir vorbeischaust
    http://love-beautyy.blogspot.de/
    Lg Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥