Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Face of the Day & How I Curl my Hair!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your Tuesday. I typically have Tuesdays off which Is why I'm blogging during the day rather than at night! I had the time today to really spend on my makeup so which is why I'm posting a face of the day :) I've never done one of these before so I hope you all enjoy. I'm also including how I curl my hair, my ideal curls are soft and loose, very summertime and effortless.


Face
Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer
Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer
Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation in 320 Aspen
Jordana Flawless Powder in Ivory
Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer in Medium
L'Oreal Super Blendable Blush in Baby Blossom
The Balm Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bottomless Java (Crease and outer V)
MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow (To Blend out harsh lines)
Mary Lou Manizer Highligher (as highlight)
L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Black
Revlon Eyelash Curler
Almay Dial Up Mascara in Black



When I curl my hair, I want it to be quick and simple. I don't curl every last piece, because luckily I have wavy hair and it is easy to blend loose curls with the waves. I use a one inch Hot Tools Helix curling iron that I picked up at Marshalls a few months back for $29.99.


When I curl my hair, I never use the clip on the iron. I wrap sections of hair around it instead, going away from my face. Curling Iron clips always leave nasty dents in the bottom of the curl that won't smooth out until you wash your hair. Even better, when you don't use the clip it is easier to achieve loose beachy curls/waves that last longer.


These are the three hair products I use when I curl my hair, they give it a nice healthy shiny look.

-Garnier Fructis Flexible Hold Anti Humidity Hairspray
-TREsemme Heat Tamer Spray
-CHI Shine Infusion

Before I apply any heat to my hair, I use the TREsemme Heat Tamer Spray to be sure I'm not damaging my hair too much. Applying heat directly to the hair can cause breakage, dryness, and split ends. I then curl my hair with the iron as I described above and spray my Garnier Fructis Flexible Hold Anti Humidity Hairspray which keeps the curls soft but in place all day. Best of all, its super affordable and you can get it at most drugstores and retailers for around $4.00. After I've sprayed my hair with the hairspray, I spritz the CHI Shine Infusion on my hands and run my hands through the ends of my hair for that nice, healthy, put together look. This product is a bit pricey, but its worth it. It gives great shine without a greasy look.

And that's all there is to it! I really hope you all enjoyed my face of the day and mini hair curling tutorial/products I used. Please leave a comment to give me your opinion, I always reply :)



30 comments:

  1. Love the curls! For some reason, I can never get my hair to look that good so I'm super jealous. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those cosmetics are awesome !!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog!

    Come on over to mine, if you like it, follow!

    Happy Tuesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog! Im following you now, if you like my blog follow me back please. XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kelsey!! Thanks a lot for your visit and kind comment on my blog. Sure I’m following you back!!
    Hope you come back soon!!
    xoxo from Barcelona
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks for following back!! Will keep in touch
      xoxo
      Kelsey

      Delete
  6. lovely post and pics:)
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyes are GORGEOUS!! And the curls look so natural and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorei o blog, muito lindo, amei tudo. Parabéns mesmo, vou sempre estar aqui (:

    ontendency.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have the perfect video for you on my blog, its a video about nails, check it out;)
    great blog!
    your new follower, hope you can follow me back
    www.bammbroadcast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to check out your blog, but sorry , I don't see you in my followers :/

      Delete
  11. Hey :) thanks for follow me , i will follow you :)
    I have this product of tresemme :) it´s very good :)
    kisss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad to have you following back!

      Delete
  12. the make up look very natural and your hair look great and nice! :)

    la-melisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I also like to curl my hair and I do it every single day. As a result, my hair became a bit dry so I will definitely buy these products. Thank you for sharing your tips!

    Would love you to visit me too xx http://www.samantha-lorraine-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help you, I would love to visit you as well :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥