Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mary Kay Single Eyeshadows | Review and Swatches

Hi my loves, hope you all had a great Sunday! I decided to begin the week with a post on something I was lucky enough to win recently! I got to fill my own Mary Kay Mini Compact with my choice of products. Now, I for one had never tried Mary Kay prior to this, so didn't hold high expectations. But let me tell you, any expectations have been met and exceeded! I chose three eyeshadows (and a blush, but thats a different review!) in the shades Silky Caramel, Granite, and Honey Spice. The compact they came in is so gorgeous and sleek that it represents the high quality of the shadows inside!

Silky Caramel: A soft, warm shade of caramel. Matte.

Granite: A shimmery grey/brown/taupe.

Honey Spice: A shimmering pale gold cream.



L to R: Silky Caramel, Granite, Honey Spice

Packaging: When you first purchase these eyeshadows, they come in a flimsy plastic container. Its not a compact like a typical eyeshadow would come it, but almost packaged like a MAC refill eyeshadow. Its possible to use it in the plastic container, but obviously a pain. You can purchase the compact for the shadows, which come in three sizes- mini, standard, and Pro. They are very pricey and I don't know if I would have paid for one out of pocket.


Pigmentation: Each shade varies, but overall I'm impressed. Honey spice is much more pigmented than I was able to capture, especially since its a skin toned color. I use it to blend out the crease and it looks just gorgeous. It pops especially over a primer. Granite is the most pigmented out of the three and is buttery smooth. This color is so pigmented that a little goes a long way. Honey spice is right in the middle- not sheer but not super pigmented. I love using this shade all over the lids, or as a highlight depending on the look I'm going for.

Price: $6.50 USD for .05 ounce

Pros:
*Excellent pigmentation
*Wearable shades
*Affordable
*Great Staying power
*Easy to blend

Cons:
*Terrible packaging. Must purchase a compact to use easily.
*Not very accessible. You have to order online or with a representative.


Overall:
PRODUCT: 7/10
PIGMENTATION: 8/10
TEXTURE: 9/10
LONGEVITY:9/10
PACKAGING: 2/10

13 comments:

  1. pretty colors! I've never tried Mary kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors! They shine just beautifully!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! i think they are even more gorgeous in person:)

      Delete
  3. Pretty colors! Love to follow each other, following you now with GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you follow me back!

    X

    http://bagsandsushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh those colours look so nice!great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you and I hope you will reciprocate...
    http://www.5minutiearrivo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty shades and nice price, too! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥