Friday, August 17, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pots And Pans | Review and Swatches

Hi loves, I feel like I havn't done a makeup related review for you all in way too long,
so I decided to bring you on a product I've been really loving.

I've always heard tons of hype about the NYX Jumbo Eye pencils but never was able to try them. I couldn't find them anywhere in my area! They became so tempting, that I ordered them off of Ebay recently and fell in love. My favorite has quickly become Pots and Pans. Its a gorgeous metallic silver that has a wonderfully creamy consistency and long staying power.


Product Description
Websites that carry the Jumbo Eye Pencils claim they are a radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, the creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues.


Packaging:The packaging is a complete disappointment. I find myself wondering, "Once the pencil dulls, how am I going to sharpen this thing?" They don't come with sharpeners, and most stores sell the normal eyeliner sized sharpeners, not Jumbo Eye Pencil sized! The cap on this is also extremely flimsy. I've been keeping mine in my makeup bag (Which stays strictly in my closet) and its now cracked and loose.

Pigmentation: Pots and Pans is probably not the most pigmented Jumbo Eye Pencil you'll come across, but then again, they wern't really made for pigmentation. I love mine for a base, and I also love it for lining my lower lash line. If I want to wear it by itself, the pigmentation is there yet not as much as a powder eyeshadow. If I top one of these with a pigment or powder shadow, the pigmentation is unbelieveable. These are also fun to top with a glitter shadow since they are so creamy.

Longevity: The longevity of the Jumbo Eye Pencils is mediocre. Without a primer, I find that it tends to crease a little bit. Pots and Pans is a bit creamer than some of the other shades I've tried, such as Milk, which I think contributes to it creasing. When using UDPP, this will last all day and night. I also find that if I use this as a base and top it with a powder shadow, it keeps in place all day long.

Application: As I mentioned, Pots & Pans is super creamy. You can easily glide the pencil over your eyelids with no tugging or dragging involved. I've tried other eyeshadow pencils that tug at my eyelids, leaving a patchy mess beind. I love how the Jumbo Eye Pencil was so simple, and when I was done applying it, it was so easy to blend out with my fingertips. Its quite irritating when cream shadows don't blend out, so I was pleasantly surprised how easy to use this pencil was.

Ingredients: Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Price: Between $2.99 and $4.50, depending on where you purchase them.

Using Pots N Pans all over the lid with Jordana Over the Taupe in the crease.

Overall: PRODUCT: 8/10
PIGMENTATION: 8/10
APPLICATION: 10/10
TEXTURE: 9/10
LONGEVITY:7/10
PACKAGING: 3/10

Have you tried any of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils?

31 comments:

  1. wow, looks so gorgeous! i want that to make a glamour look :D

    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the NYX Jumbo Pencils. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love pots and pans, it's such an awesome shade! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful isn't it? :) Thank you kindly :)

      Delete
  5. I use "Milk" EVERY DAY. Love these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "milk" soo much!! Its a great base :)

      Delete
  6. Looks really nice with your eyes color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl,

    LOVE the blog! Thanks for this post. I'm a huge fan of NYX cosmetics. You did such a thorough job reviewing the product! i'll definitely be coming back to visit... I'm following you via google and bloglovin as well!

    xoxo
    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you saying that, thank you so much!! Looking foward to you visiting again, please keep in touch sweetie! Thank you for following me back:)

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog, dear! Very interesting and useful :D
    Thank you for your comment on my blog, following you back of course, here on GFC and also on Bloglovin! ;) :***

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amaazing blog and I really love it.

    Very nice photos :))



    follow eachother?

     

    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it, thank you would love to:)

      Delete
  10. That's a great post...Thank you for following my blog,i just follow you back from both bloglovin and GFC:)See you soon.Much love

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks fo following I follow
    you now <3
    love josi
    http://phinisssima.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are interested in following each other plz visit me and drop me a line :)

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post :) thank you for the comment :P follow you back now :P
    annadespinawilddesires.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great products! your eyes are so pretty! And thank you so much for the comment and for following my blog!! I am following you back with pleasure!!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so happy you are following me back:)

      Delete
  15. This looks stunning!
    Following you,please follow back to keep in touch through comments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweetheart..sent you an email on behalf of a sponsor ,please accept if you like :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥