Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Five Beauty Products Under Five Dollars!

Hi loves! I recently found this great idea for a tag/post in a fellow beauty lovers blog!
Check out her post here!
I though it was a wonderful idea to share some of my affordable (and almost dirt cheap!) favorites with you all
since I'm always on the lookout for great buys.



Love & Beauty Blush in Peach ($1.99 at Forever 21):
I love this blush, the design is gorgeous and so is the color! It isn't super pigmented, but it gives my cheeks the most gorgeous flush. It has four colors in it, but swirled together they create a soft peach cream shade that looks amazing.

Love & Beauty Eyeshadow in Light Pink ($1.99 at Forever 21):
Forever 21 has some of the most amazing makeup! This eyeshadow is very interesting. Its not a powder but not a cream. You can't use a standard eye shadow brush to pick it up, but you have to use your fingers instead. Its extremely pigmented so you can concentrate it on your lids or sheer it out for use as a highlight. The color is gorgeous as well. Its a very light, reflective, metallic pink.

Jordana Color Effects Powder Eyeshadow in Over the Taupe ($1.99 on Cherryculture.com):
I've used many high end and expensive eyeshadows, but I always find myself coming back to this shadow. It has amazing staying power and it will last all day, even in hot weather. It is a gorgeous cool deep brown/taupe shade with a hint of purple. The shadow is smooth to the touch and blends out like a dream. I really need to purchase more of these! (especially since I can find them often times at my local dollar store!)

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Pink Punch ($2.00 - $4.00, major retailers and drugstrores):
I'm sure you've all heard tons about this lip balm, but it is worth the hype. This is a gorgeous bright pink lip balm that glides on smoothly and moisturizes my lips. It also has a super yummy fruity scent (like fruit punch!) It's very pigmented and a great deal, I recommend checking this out!

Jordana Forever Flawless Pressed Powder ($1.99 on Cherryculture.com):
This powder provides medium to full coverage without looking cakey. I use it to set my liquid foundation, and it keeps my face shine free all day. I love that it gives my skin an airbrushed finish for such a great price. I find that it performs better than many other powders I've tried for sometimes ten dollars or more.

L to R: Jordana Powder, Love and Beauty e/s in Light Pink, Love and Beauty blush in Peach, Jordana e/s in Over the Taupe, Baby Lips Pink Punch

I really hope that this post gave you all some ideas on affordable yet high quality products to try out! If you'd like, post your own version and leave it in the comments below, I'd love to check it out!

50 comments:

  1. hello:)) super cute blog, love it<3 wanna follow each other? - leave a comment under the newest post!

    http://federleichtundmehr.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of the name brand love & beauty ...is it drugstore?

    Baby lips are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sweet comment, dear!
    Your blog is cute!
    I am a new follower of your blog now:-)
    Tatiana
    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and thanks so much for following my blog love:)

      Delete
  4. Hey :)
    Thank you so much for a wonderful comment.
    You have such a lovely and very well-done blog.
    We can definitely follow each other - I'm glad to be your 400th GFC and 46th Bloglovin follower.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maybelline Baby Lips! That is my favorite lip balm right now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I want to try some of the others!

      Delete
  6. Nice review! Lovely blog.
    Ofcourse I follow back! :)
    Kisses. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liking the peach blush and Maybelline's Baby lips is one of my favorites!!

    Love
    Mehak
    www.thedoublemlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty! Thanks for commenting love<3

      Delete
  8. Lovely post ;)
    I follow you, can u follow me back? http://fashion-by-anita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear thanks for follow my dans la valise!!!i follow you too!

    DANSLAVALISE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Following you back on GFC and Bloglovin' :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE baby lips! since i hate lip sticks and most lip glosses, but love color, baby lips became my best friend.

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly why I love it ! I love the revlon lip butter as well for that reason:)

      Delete
  12. hey you got a beautiful blog dear.... love it... It would be great if you can visit my blog also....And also we can follow each other... follow me so that I can also follow you back...
    love,
    www.poetashwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for visiting and following my blog. I'm following you back. Great blog btw!

    ♥ M.
    http://starsandstitches.blogspot.com/
    http://starsandstitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanna try those baby lips. Everyone who tried seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! I think I am going to do it :)

    Sophie xx

    www.luckybeauty07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. it´s great to see what you do here.
    @paquetevsitasbi

    ReplyDelete
  17. dear,
    now I'm following you too.
    xoxo mini nuni

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi kelsey! thanks for the sweet comment, and following our blog :)

    now following you back!

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I am following u for sure. Hope to keep hearing from u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I love yours, as well! I really want to try the Maybelline lip balm, it looks to die for. I am definitely following back, darling!

    Lots of love xxx

    www.etiennesjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I looove your blog! Following you :) I love the Jordana eyeshadows aswell,'Your Majesty' is a great matte brown shade. The powder is amazing aswell! xx
    - Sammy

    http://samaysonsspace.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing these reviews! I usually get my make-up from the local drugstore but I haven't tried anything from F21 or from the Jordana brand (that I've seen quite often) I will definitely have to try some of your suggestions. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm totally looking forward to more of your cosmetic reviews!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog!:) following you back now xx
    And i want to try that baby lip palm too!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome post idea! we all spend a fortune on our makeup stuff so its great to see some cheap favourites, too!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Following also dear =))
    I loved your blog!
    I like to make blogs and beauty * - *
    xx
    A good day to you!
    www.jornalistadesaia.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. THANKS for commenting and following!!! I'm following you back with GFC!

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for visiting my blog... following you now...
    love,
    www.poetashwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful blog! I follow you and I'll wait here for me http://modaealtririmedi.blogspot.it among my followers;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥