Thursday, September 27, 2012

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Review


Lately, I've been all about trying new foundations. I've been enjoying the one I'm currently using (Maybelline Superstay) but I wanted to try some new ones, and see if theres something out there that I enjoy even more. L'Oreal's True Match Lumi has always appealed to me, I mean who wouldn't want luminous radiant skin, just by using foundation? I purchased it in the shade N3, natural buff, which oddly enough is a bit too dark for my skin tone.

What L'Oreal Claims: True Match™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup combines 3 powerful ingredients that work to improve your complexion the more you wear them. 40% pure water for all-day hydration. Antioxidants and Vitamins C and E for improved clarity and skin tone. And Liquid Light Technology for an instant, luminous glow. Isn’t it Time You Met your Match?

The foundation itself is very liquid-y and light feeling. Already after seeing the texture I had a bad feeling about the coverage I was going to get from it.

After reading multiple reviews on this foundation, I decided that it would have a nice, medium coverage. Oh was I wrong. It has a super light coverage that didn't even cover up my redness, never mind my acne scarring and acne! Now I didn't except it to do all that, but I atleast expected something out of it. It has a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but definitely not a light/medium coverage. If you have dry skin, beware as well because It accentuates any dry patches.

Since I don't want to completely bash this foundation, I will say that it looks nice if you use a boat load of concealer and setting powder. After doing so, It looked quite nice and radiant. I might even say that I liked how it looked.

Using foundation alone, no setting powder or concealer.
You can see redness, and blemishes with no improvement.

Foundation with setting powder and concealer

As for wear, my skin doesn't tend to get super oily throughout the day, due to my acne treatments and what not. It is actually somewhat dry now. But, after wearing this foundation for eight hours, my forehead has never been so shiny. I was almost in disbelief how shiny it was, and kept trying to tell myself it was the "Luminous" part of it, LOL. As I said, I even used a medium coverage setting powder, which is great at controlling oil and I still had this mess on my forehead at the end of the day.

L'Oreal also claims that this will help improve skin tone and complexion over time. I havn't noticed that at all, but then again I've only been using it a week. It's possible it could help, but I can't see it doing that much.

When it comes to packaging, I'm in love! It's rare to find a drugstore foundation with a pump, and this one has it! To be honest, that was part of the appeal to me, along with the super luxiourious looking glass bottle with metallic letters on it. Its definitely an eye catching foundation.

To be honest, I'm not even sure who to recommend this foundation to, because no matter your skin type, you'll most likely get oily from this. I guess you could say if you only need a light coverage foundation for a short period of time, you'd enjoy the nice luminous finish you get from this. Otherwise, leave it.

Price: $12.99 USD at major drugstores and mass retailers.

7 comments:

  1. Great review, and ITA - I'm not impressed with this foundation either. It's not terrible by any stretch, but there's just nothing special about it. I didn't even feel like my skin looked that glow-y with it on. And it ain't that cheap either. :P

    I definitely prefer the Revlon Color Stay Whipped Creme Makeup to this one. It has better coverage and a nicer finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's to bad about the coverage!! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually thinking of picking this up for myself, but now I won't. I have old acne scars that I need a foundation to cover since I don't have time to use concealer. I do love maybelline's dream matt liquid foundation. It's in a pump and covers up acne scarring really well. You will need concealer for the acne itself though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This doesn't sound like something I will enjoy and sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I'm glad you are being honest about your opinion. There is always some gray areas when it comes to reviews because it's so subjective and everyone's expectations are different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this review! I've been wanting to pick this up but, before this, I didn't really hear anything about it. Based on your review I don't think I'll get it because I don't want to look shiny. Thank you :)
    I've been really liking Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation. It gives you a glowy finish and you can build up the coverage without it looking cakey. Oh and I heard its a dupe for NARS Sheer Glow Foundation!

    http://doublecasualchic.blogspot.com/2012/09/navy-blue-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for saving me. I was planning to buy this one!!

    Please do visit my blog http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/. Im sure u'd like it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review.. btw, thx for following me.. i just followed you back.. :D

    kuti
    http://ishootstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥