Saturday, September 1, 2012

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant | Review


Not too long ago, Maybelline released a new line of concealers called the "Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer." These are formulated to conceal dark circles while illuminating the eye area at the same time. I decided to get the shade "Radiant" because I have serious dark circles. I thought I could use this after my regular concealer to illuminate and conceal a bit extra, but after using this I found that it wasn't necessary. This provides great coverage of my dark circles while illuminating my whole eye area beautifully.

Product Claim:
Maybelline claims the Dream Lumi Touch Concealer is a gel-based formula concealer that diffuses light and illuminates as it conceals.

Shades:
This product comes in six different shades, honey, buff, beige, nude, ivory, and radiant. Radiant being the most illuminating out of the bunch. Radiant is an ivory shade with a bit of pink mixed in, probably to help lighten the eyes.

Packaging:
The packaging is a twist pen. Its very similar to YSL Touche Eclat. I'm not a fan of these, because I feel as if a lot of product gets wasted. It took about thirty clicks just to get the product to come out of the brush, and then when you click it afterwards when using it, sometimes too much can come out and it becomes quite wasteful. I also find that the built in brush is somewhat unhygenic, as it would be very difficult to wash it without ruining the product inside. Personally, I don't use the brush for blending purposes to avoid this issue. I just dab it on my eye area and blend with my fingers. It does a better job than the brush would be able to anyways. I also like that the packaging is in a clear tube so that you are able to see how much product you have left, although it doesn't come with much to begin with.

Consistency and Usage:
This concealer is a light and somewhat liquidy consitency, not gel at all as claimed. Its not too heavy, but it can be difficult to blend out with a brush alone. I use my fingertips, as the heat warms the product and makes it easier to spread out and blend. This product offers a medium coverage and definitely brightens my eye area up a lot, without shimmer. I have tried this for uses other than concealing my under eye area, but I don't recommend it for blemishes, scars, etc. Since its made for dark under eye circles, It doesn't cover redness or bumps. I also woudn't recommend it for anyone with very fine lines around the eye area, as it seems to settle in them.

My Overall Thoughts:
Overall, I really love this product. I find that it really conceals my under eye circles and darkness. It truly gives an illuminating effect, something I've never been able to find in any other product. I recommend this for anyone looking to brighten their dark circles, or just looking to try out a new under eye concealer.


Using Dream Lumi Concealer

Price and Availability:
$6.49-$9.00 at major retailers and drugstores.

40 comments:

  1. wow!! seems like an excellent product. I am tempted to get it. Whats the staying power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasts all day for me, even if i don't set it! I don't have oily skin though, so if you do, setting it may help it last all day:)

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good. I'm forever trying to find a products that will actually cover my dark circles. I think I must be the only person who doesn't like YSL Touche Eclat!

    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try this out! Its much more afforable and I prefer it over YSL!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for your comment love! You have a beautiful blog <3
    Following you back via GFC and Bloglovin. <3

    Love,
    Lali

    http://lalipops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! Glad you are following back<3

      Delete
  4. The concealer looks really fresh on you. The shade looks perfect too :)


    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shade, its very illuminating!

      Delete
  5. I really like the look of this! - Great post :)

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog! I'm following you back now ;)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    xo Iga


    http://fashion-passion-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome darling, and thank you for following me in return!

      Delete
  7. looks great and your blog is really lovely. We are following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good. It does cover well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your tip

    Thanks so much for your comment and stop by my blog!! I´m following you too.

    kisses

    http://www.withorwithoutshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this as well, and yes, it's very illuminating! Immediately makes you look awake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts are beautiful. :-)

    Thank you for following me and nice comment on my blog.
    I follow you back. :-)

    Rinako
    roseandlolita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling, I really appreciate it! Love that you are following back<3

      Delete
  12. Really beautiful photos, what camera do you use?

    I am following you now:) Please follow me on PrescriptionForFashion.blogspot.com!

    You can also check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com!!

    XOXO

    Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the photos, the camera is actually quite old and I've been looking into a new one. Its a Canon Powershot SD800 IS. It doesn't focus as well as I'd like sometimes, but it can take some nice pictures:) Thanks so much for following me and I'd love to follow you back!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for following me. :) i can follow you back.
    Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post!

    Elle
    http://redischic.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing blog! keep posting! would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard so many good things about this product and your review really confirmed it. I need to get this product to try out!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! i've been loving it! Glad I've convinced you!

      Delete
  17. stunning eyes!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely agree about the twist up concealers! I fell like it's such a money suck :/.

    xox
    Kathryn & Rita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review! The illuminator feature with this concealer seems like an added bonus. Come check out my blog, if you like it I would love it if you followed me :)

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I would love to check out your blog. Thanks for your comment<3

      Delete
  20. Wow! You have a very useful blog! Of course I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥