Thursday, September 20, 2012

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Palette Review and Swatches

It may come as a surprise to you that I'm one of the few that doesn't own one of the two Urban Decay Naked Palettes. I've always wanted one, but haven't been able to afford one of them. That being said, I've been on the lookout for a cheaper alternative and finally found it in the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Palette!


Personally, I've always been a huge fan of Physician's Formula. I think they have great quality products for even better prices. Their eyeshadows are one of my favorite, super pigmented and beautiful consistency.

The palette comes with a strange, slanted sponge tip applicator that I think is most likely useless, but could be good for lining the eyes.

The Nude Palette contains nine different shades of shadows, all cool-toned neutrals and ranging from light shimmering ivory, to a deep black. It has some gorgeous taupe shades and even a light pink for endless looks.


In terms of packaging, just look at this palette! Its so gorgeous! I love the lace overlay, its beautiful and was what really caught my eye about it. So looking at it, it's eye catching, but the layout of the shadows? Not so much. I think keeping all the shadows in one row may look lovely, but it's definitely not practical. Using the smaller shadows can prove to be a challenge as you don't want to get them all over the other shadows next to them. I wish this palette was divided in a better way, because I hate having to use tiny crease brushes and such to pick up the colors.



I'm so happy to say that the pigmentation on these is fantastic. I've seen other reviews on this palette saying that the pigmentation just wasn't there, but I'm very impressed. The shadows are buttery smooth to the touch and have great color pay off. They blend like a dream and its really easy to sheer them out or keep them dark for a dramatic look. This palette is super versatile, which is one of my favorite things about it. I've been wearing different looks with this everyday, and It's perfect for a natural look for work, or a smokey dramatic eye for going out.


All swatched without primer

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with this palette. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a cheaper alternative to the Naked palettes, or, if you have the Naked palette, anyone who loves nude/natural shadows!

Price: $10.00 USD

21 comments:

  1. Wow this palette looks amazing!
    I have the original Naked palette but I think I'm going to get this one too :D
    I love nude/natural colors and this palette looks great!
    Its always good to have a cheaper alternative :D

    http://doublecasualchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I have the too faced natural eye palette as well, but find myself reaching for this one more often! :D
      Thanks for your comment<3

      Delete
  2. Yes of course !

    http://ilovefashion-s.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. all nude and all beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like one that would be perfect for me and my lightest shade just ran out today. May have to try this one. Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! It is always great for any occasion:)
    Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors, it's amazing thanks to share <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com + GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post, LOVE the colours~! ^^ looking forward to your upcoming ones~!

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this palette looks great
    http://foxm00n.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment and following! Great post, I'm following you back

    beyondthecherryblossom.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi =) Im following you, thanks for visiting my blog.
    www.chadatarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those eye shadows are looking amazing!!! Great post!
    Would you like to check my blog too? Maybe we can follow each other?
    Let me know dear <3

    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!!!
    I follow you now through GFC and bloglovin!!
    If you want we can follow also on facebook!! Let me know!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!<3
    Btw would you like follow each other?
    Just let me know:)

    Kisses:*

    http://joannas-secret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seriously looks almost the exact same! I could never afford one either so I asked for it for my birthday :) Will be purchasing this one vurrrry soon!

    xx

    Holly Foxen Wells

    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for following! I'm your newest follower too :D

    Witha
    withapinkie.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great alternative for the naked palette. Looks so much alike :) Great blog! x

    Visit my blog and become a follower if you want
    minelakahrimanovic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥