Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Products I Use To Fight Acne Breakouts


I'm almost certain I've told you all this before, but I've always struggled with a bit of acne. Now, I don't have a lot of it or anything serious, but I do get some painful spots quite often- about three or four at a time. I also get some smaller spots all around my face and numerous blackheads. My skin is naturally combination/oily, but from all of the acne treatments I've been using, its become very dry and sometimes to the point where it peels. For a long time now I've been trying to find products that will work for my skin in getting rid of the acne. Its embarassing when I get the spots so large that concealer can't even cover them, and it worsens around that time of the month. Luckily, I've recently stumbled across some products that seem to really be doing the trick for me. I wanted to share them with you all in case any of you struggle with the same issues and want to try some new things the help clear up your acne. Please keep in mind though, what works for my skin type may not work for everyone elses.

Nature By Canus All Natural Hydrating Facial Scrub:
I really love this scrub because it is so gentle. It's not an acne fighting cleanser or anything like that, but it is great for acne because it is so natural and gentle. The scrubs in it are so tiny that they barely exfoliate, but they do help your face feel very clean. This removes makeup very well, which can sometimes be the underlying cause of acne. I've learned that I need to wash my face, not just use makeup wipes, in order to clean everything out. This cleanser also has no colors, fragrances, phosphates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, or sls. Perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.

CVS Pharmacy Brand Acne Treatment Cream:
When I use this product, I use it as a spot treatment. It contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, which is extremely drying. I apply this at night to a pimple, and it helps dry it up in the morning. If you use this all over your face, it will dry it out and it is not recommended for those with very sensitive skin.

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash:
I've done a full and lengthy review on this product and if you are interested in reading it, you can access it here. But to summarize it, I love this wash. I've lately been using it more as a mask in the shower, since it doesn't lather. I apply it all over my face and wait a few minutes, then rinse. This really reduces the redness in my pimples and helps them go down in size. It has a nice tingly feeling as well which feels great and lets you know that it is working.

Derma E Very Clear Problem Skin Moisturizer:
This is a recent discovery of mine at Marshalls. I've always heard great things about the Derma E brand, so when I found a moisturizer by them specifically for problem skin, I knew it was something I had to try out. It has great ingredients such as tea tree oil, chamomile and lavender. I apply it mornings and night to my face and neck. It is a little difficult to get the product to absorb well, so it takes a little bit of rubbing it in, but the results are worth it. I've found that this keeps my breakouts at bay and also helps with redness. The only two downsides I've found in this product are the smell and the price. It smells strongly medicated due to the tea tree oil, but its completely natural, so I don't think it will irritate sensitive skin. As for the price, If you were to buy this regular price, it would be about $20.00. Luckily, a jar will last about four months.

Mineral From the Dead Sea Derma Repair Acneclear Antibacterial Antioxidant Toner:
I love this stuff. Most toners you find that are aimed towards acne contain Salicylic acid, which is extremely drying when applied all over the skin. This toner's main ingredient is Triclosan, which is an antibacterial. It doesn't dry out my skin, and it destroys acne causing bacteria. It also contains many skin conditioning agents, so it keeps my skin soft. This is another pricey product at almost $20.00 a bottle, but if you really struggle with acne, its worth trying out.

As mentioned, these products are what have really been working for my skin, but I'm always looking to try out other products that work when these run out, so if you know any, let me know in the comments.
What are your favorite acne-fighting products?

43 comments:

  1. you have a lovely blog...if you want we can follow each other!!!!!!! http://comeduegoccedacqua.blogspot.it
    /


    fluo giveaway on our blog
    http://comeduegoccedacqua.blogspot.it/2012/08/fluo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey!
    I was so happy you visited my blog, and now i'm following you too! =)
    Next time i do a post i promisse i will put the english version too, so you can understand it better.

    About your post, i've already used this neutrogena product, and i really liked it!

    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following back, I'm glad you would do that!!<33 Your too sweet:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this post! I've always had some difficulty with acne, but since moving to Hawaii it has gotten worse. I'm always on the look out for new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! I'm the same, I always am trying new and different products :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you too.

    xo Jo

    http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Neutrogena, and I might have to give this a try :)

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Benefit Cosmetics Giveaway #6 days left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on our blog! Now we are you're new follower! kiss kiss from Italy!:)

    http://todayilook.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review and the whole blog ! ...Would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :)

    Daggi
    http://daggisway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear, your blog is great and very inspiring, I'm following you now! :)

    -Doris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post! I have also been very curious about the Derma E brand. The cleanser looks really nice. For acne break outs, I am obsessed with my Mario Badescu drying lotion. It's a miracle in a bottle:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Derma E moisturizer! And i've never heard of it! May have to look into it now, you've tempted me! :D

      Delete
  10. I've been looking for some good acne products for a while, this is a great post, I may have to try a few of these. I'd love you to check out my blog too, B x

    http://rebeccape93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, they are all great. And I would be so happy to check out your blog as well:)

      Delete
  11. I have Neutrogena and it's great to me!

    I love your blog.Would you like to follow each other? I'm following you now on GFC :)
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive always been a huge fan of neutrogena! and of course Id love to follow you!

      Delete
  12. this post is very important! i love it
    i'm following you :)pass for my blog!
    xoxo, Nati

    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need products to fight acne asap!!Thanks for sharing this!
    http://jessynyiri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get these tips from you.

    Regards,
    Ray Grimm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Não conhecia os produtos, estou usando alguns receitados pela minha dermatologista, não tenho muita acne, mas as vezes elas aparecem e preciso de produtinhos bons. Bjooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, have never been to a dermatologist but these seem to be working quite well for me:)

      Delete
  16. acne sucks big time. my face is too sensitive i can't use any products on my face. have you tries pro active?

    http://www.tuwentytri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that must be so difficult :/ I have, and it didn't seem to do very much for me:(

      Delete
  17. Good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day.........

    Regards,
    Ray Grimm

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post :)
    you have amazing blog - I went through posts :)keep updating :) Would you like to follow each other?just let me know :)
    I wait you in my blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have lots of acne. I want something that will prevent pimples all together & keep my skin from getting dry and flaky.better acne treatment.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have moderate acne and a few acne scars on my face. I am in serious need of the best acne treatment out there. Please help. acne scar removal treatment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you suffering from acne or some other forms of acne? Then Click best acne treatments delhi

    ReplyDelete
  22. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information.
    Dermatologista florianopolis

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! Love your blog! One question. "Where can I find Mineral From the Dead Sea Derma Repair Acneclear Antibacterial Antioxidant Toner" Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥