Thursday, October 18, 2012

Victoria's Secret Moisture Luxe Hand Cream With Shea Butter Review


During the fall and winter, my hands are constantly dry due to the cold weather and non-stop handwashing-(Everyone gets sick!) Because of this, I'm always on the lookout for a good hand cream to keep my hands soft and moisturized. While I was at Victoria's Secret last week, I was excited when I saw the new Moisture Luxe Hand Creams. I had to pick one up of course!

What Victoria's Secret says about this product:
Wrap yourself in Luxurious Kiss, an indulgent blend of sandalwood and black plum from our limited-edition VS Fantasies Shea Collection. This intensive hand cream is enriched with moisturizing pure shea butter and replenishing avocado oil. Massage on for 24-hour moisture and sensual scent. Skin feels ultra-soft, smooth and touchable. Live out your beauty fantasy in our most popular scented body care, exclusively at Victoria’s Secret.

I got the scent Luxurious Kiss, which is a mixture of sandalwood and black plum. When applied, this scent is a great mix of floral and fruity. I hate smells that are completely floral, so I loved the fruity touch this included. The scent doesn't last long, but I don't really expect the scent of a hand cream to last like a body mist or perfume would.

As for packaging, I love it. The packaging was what initially drew me to this product. It comes in a gorgeous, classy, metallic tube with cute flower details on it. I have to say, although the cap looks cute, its a bit of a pain to get back on especially after you've applied the hand cream and your hands are slippery. I'd much rather prefer a flip top cap.

Now about how it works: After applying the cream, it didn't immeadiately sink into my skin, but took a bit of rubbing in. After it sunk it, my skin felt so soft and smooth, and it has really been helping to repair my hands and protect them from getting dry. My favorite way to use this hand cream is to apply a thick layer at night and cover my hands in aloe gloves to keep the moisture in. When I wake up my hands feel super moisturized and soft.

The only drawback to this product I was able to find was its ingredients. The second ingredient in this product is mineral oil, which has been found to not be good for the skin. It has been said to block out the natural moisture from your skin and ages skin prematurely. Luckily, I don't see that my hands have been dry due this cream. As I mentioned, they're much softer than normal. But I don't like that this may prematurely age skin. If you're not a fan of mineral oil, watch out for this product. Another ingredient that has become extremely unpopular that it contains is parabens. I'm not overly afraid of them, I just stay wary.


Overall, despite the mineral oil and parabens that this product contains, I've found myself loving both the scent and performance. The VS Fantasies Shea Collection also comes in a body cream/butter, lotion , and fragrance mist.


Price: $14.00 USD

43 comments:

  1. I have a homemade butter cream made with shea butter,is just lovely.
    I am your newest follower, if you like my blog feel free to follow me as well :).

    http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love products with shea butter they are just so moisturizing!
      Id love to visit and follow back!

      Delete
  2. My hands can get so dry so I'm constantly applying a hand cream but it can be hard to find a good one.
    I'm going to try that tip with the aloe gloves!
    I didn't know mineral oil was not good for your skin. Thanks! I'm going to watch out about that ingredient :)

    http://doublecasualchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hate the tight feeling If I don't:(
      I think you will definitely be pleased with the results from the aloe gloves, it works amazing!!!
      I also try to avoid mineral oil but it is in a lot of products unfortunatly :(
      Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment, It means a lot!! <3

      Delete
  3. Nice advises!Skin of my hand is going to be dry so easily so it'll stick to it!
    KISSES)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious.
    http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds nice!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi dear...thanks for follow ^^
    now I follow you back...
    keep in touch ^^
    kiss
    vendy

    http://simplelifeve.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your follow back, I truly appreciate it :)

      Delete
  7. This seems to be a great product. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 159 Countries and 5920 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll definitely look into this.

      Delete
  9. Hey Kelsey, just found your blog and love it!
    Great review, I didn't know about the mineral oil either so I've learn't something new today - thank you! I'm a total sucker for pretty packaging though so this looks right up my street. :-)
    Have a fab weekend hun!

    Your newest follower,

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    Pop by and follow me too if you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Vanessa! Thanks for being so sweet!! I know, so am I! Its one of the reasons I even picked it up, Lol.
      I'd love to come follow you back as well dear!!<3

      Delete
  10. followed you :-) I hope you follow my blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelsey! Thank you for following me! It would be my pleasure to follow you back!
    Have a great weekend!
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, and thank you so much for following me back!
      You too dear:)

      Delete
  12. Love your blog and all the reviews! Thank you for dropping by my blog.. I am following you back via GFC. :)

    xx
    Seepz
    http://that-sassy-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. great review dear:)) thank you so much for following:)) I am now following you too!!:) would you like to also follow each other on twitter, facebook and bloglovin?? let me know dear:))

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the packaging is so lovely and sweet!

    BREEPLUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love shea butter!!! Every product with it is good for me! Btw I love you beauty posts and hope you wanna follow each other with bloglovin!

    http://so-st-yle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out dear! Of course id love to!

      Delete
  16. looks like a very good product ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this looks so nice :)
    And I follow back dear. :)
    xx
    snowwhite90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your lovely comments are always appreciated ♥